Friday, January 21, 2022

Adventures in learning how to be a better mom.

I have battled with myself over the amount of time I spend focused on the Internet instead of my beautiful daughters. I spend valuable time scrolling down a screen full of random thoughts by mostly people I don't really care about. For the ones who I do, I keep up with through text and email. So away went the Facebook account again. We've experienced many life changing events in this family over the last year. The craziness of life has reminded me how important it is to spend real time with the ones I love. I can sadly say I have wasted MANY hours of my life staring at a computer screen instead of my girls faces, improvements, learning adventures.

So I put it down. Ironically at the exact time I got an iPhone. You would think the phone would encourage more time away from my real life but it's done quite the opposite. While I do still find my iPhone a valuable investment...I have found other ways to use it in order to be productive.

So I continue to find ways to be a better mom.

Today has been a blast. I feel like such a big kid. Elise and I played school. I was the teacher. I used a funny voice the whole time. I asked her what letter she would like to learn about today and came up with different activities and drew pictures of things that started with the letter "C." After class she wanted to play doctor. I was the patient. She was very professional and it made me wonder if the medical field is something she will end up going into as an adult. Carli, Elise and I built with blocks. Did some of Carli's therapy while playing. Elise has become quite the helper with Carli's at home homework. She also did very well in Carli's therapies yesterday. Her attention shifted from what can I do to what can I help do. It was nice. Carli is getting smarter and stronger each day. We get her leg braces tomorrow :) All of Carli's care partners think the braces will work wonders for building her muscle strength and coordination in her legs. I look forward to watching her progression. Currently living day by day. I have slacked in feeding my spirit and man what a difference it makes in my daily life and reaction to things. I have work to do. I ALWAYS have work to do :) I can ALWAYS find a way to be a better person. And so my learning adventures as a mom, wife & human continue.

Gooooood Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment